View Single Post
Old 2009-09-28, 10:14   Link #91
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
I have liked Sengoku Basara, it's just GAR, it remind me Macross 7. Tales of the Abyss was ok (as the OAV of Phantasia and Symphonia), the game is better, but the anime was good.

Fate stay night, Utawarerumono, Tears of Tiara, Street Fighter 2 the movie was some good adaptation of video games.

For Gungrave, the episode 1 to 17 was pretty good, after, the part in the present is really inferior to the game, but the flashback was excellent.

I also remember of the Sakura Taisen anime as a excellent adaptation. They changed many element in the story, but the show was more deep and dramatic than the game, they do an excellent job on the backgound of each character.
Basara - GAR characters but the story was generic as hell. Besides in the video game the characters were way more GAR because their moves looked cooler and they killed a lot more enemies. Nothing like seeing Date chain thousands of enemies, busting out his 6 katanas and clawing everyone like wolverine, then ending it with a cool pose. The fight scenes was pretty generic in the anime, for example when Date and Sanada fought, they would just show a big blue ball and a big red ball clash over and over again. How lame is that?

Fate/stay/uta/tears - euro-game/visual novel which I've said does a lot beter.

Gungrave just put me to sleep because of the slow pacing and the depressing feeling I get from watching it. (Almost turned me emo. A lot of people like it though, just not my type! Reminds me of Saikano.)

SF the movie I haven't watched in a long time but I remember it being pretty decent.

Sakura Taisen haven't seen or play it.