View Single Post
Old 2011-09-09, 01:56   Link #24
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

I don't tend to rewatch on my own, except for particular scenes I really loved. However, I do rewatch as a social activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
As for the present,
Ikoku Meiro
Usagi Drop
Hanasaku Iroha.

I'm watching all 3 .... and will venture a guess that I'll find Ikoku and Usagi rewatchable, especially if I'm airing it for someone else to watch together. Not so much Hanasaku (though its no knock against it) ... it just seems more soap opera-ish to me and less memorable though I enjoyed it a lot.
I actually have seen the three opening episodes of Hanasaku Iroha 3-4 times in the initial weeks after airing because I wanted to show it to friends, and I loved it. On the other hand, when I tried showing a favourite episode to friends more recently, it just didn't have the same impact. Have to agree that the show's somewhat soap-ish nature probably decreases the rewatch value, even though I love the show and its full of great little touches.

WHen I've organized rewatches of favourites of mind like Iriya no Sora, Ufo no Natsu, Moon Phase, Genshiken, parts of Haruhi, Gurren Lagann, Bakemonogatari and Kurenai, I almost always end up enjoying the experience immensely - Kurenai in particular. I should not that with the exception of Bakemonogatari though, I rewatched these shows 3-4 years after I first saw them. Rewatching stuff I've seen because other people want to is a lot more hit and miss too.

I also agree with those who prefer that have only one or two cour, or at least have season breaks if longer. I tend to find long runners feel like a bit of a chore to watch even if they're good, and shorter series are easier to organize social events for.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote