View Single Post
Old 2004-02-21, 18:06   Link #10
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
I love FF games like everybody else but the reviews this game has been geting is not so hot. I have yet to play it but from reading the reviews I'm in no hurry.
Well, as a single player game, I can see why people would say it's "not so hot" compared to other Final Fantasies (which are, of course, meant for Single Player). But, as a multiplayer co-op game, FF:CC is probably one of the most fun games I've played in a while! Everything about this game works so well and makes a lot of sense when you've got three or four people playing together.

This isn't really the type of game that you "play to beat". As other people have said, although there is a story, it isn't really a story-driven RPG. It's really more about getting a bunch of people together and having a good time, I think. If you have played online RPG games, I think this compares closely except you're all in the same room (which can be a lot more fun and exciting). The closest game I can compare it to of the ones I've played is Phantasy Star Online (except it works a lot better than PSO's offline split-screen multiplayer).

So anyways, if you're expecting a game like FFX or FFX-2, you're going at it with wrong expectations and will probably be disappointed. But if you've got a few friends with GBAs who like RPGs, you may find that you like this game a lot for what it is.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote