View Single Post
Old 2007-11-09, 01:55   Link #477
Seair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
Not what I mean.

What I'm saying is, people who play too many video games approach novels like Ever17 as a game and not as a "real life event". I played Ever17 in-role as Kid and Takeshi, making honest choices - I got Bad Ends that way, but it was "true" play for me so I didn't feel bad. And all this was rewarding when I learned the secret of Blink Winkel.

agreed, a lot of my "video-gaming" buddies had hard time to approach VN becasue they think it is "boring", even some of them played (i will say "read") several VNs, they end up go after the CGs and just to get the endings by following the Guides.

the purpose of the "INFINITY" series (never7, ever17, remember11, 12riven) is all about cheat the player, that is us, who is watching the screen. one of my friends told me he dont like the ending of the Ever17 and Remember11 because he felt stupid for being cheated by the auther and the story. he think that the auther is trying to make every player like a fool. all i can tell him is, "not all the games is about winning or losing, not to mentain i dont see ever17 as game but a novel, you can say some FPS game is stupid if you got beaten by AI or computer, but this one isnt the type." well, if the purpose of the game is to cheat "the player" (and even kill "the player" as in remember11), then i will say the story did good job on its original purpose stated in the game story itself. otherwise, there is no point to "read" and "play" or "being played". and this NV is not going to be this good if it cannot cheat us.
Seair is offline   Reply With Quote