Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-25, 12:54   Link #1712
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
This show throws some utterly ridiculous ideas out at us viewers, but somehow makes it convincing enough that it's enjoyable. If you think about it objectively, linking poverty and no idols makes no sense, but somehow the show makes it seem plausible.
Really, the whole notion that the planet's people are waiting in soup lines because of a lack of entertainment made me wince. First it trivializes the whole issue of poverty, but even if I accept the notion to stay within the show's conceit, it makes Chieri's concerns even more powerful and troubling. What is going to change for those people after our idols zip off to yet another planet in need of a good dose of "River?" I'll give Okada some kudos if she really does address this issue in the coming weeks. Frankly I'd consider that a step up in maturity now that we've gotten past the whole "combat idols" premise that was the first hint that there was possibly more to AKB0048 than you might have expected.

I wonder if Tokyo MX will start re-broadcasting the series from the beginning. They could have a marathon day with only nine episodes to show. Having it aired on MX still won't give us any ratings, though. I don't see MX on the invaluable Geocities page, nor can I find programs on MX reported in our ratings thread.

If AKB0048 hadn't found a Tokyo broadcaster, I was waiting to see it show up on Ginga TV!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote