View Single Post
Old 2013-09-05, 03:22   Link #4254
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by type-R! View Post
One thing I liked keeping track of in the novels was how Kyousuke started resembling Kirino in her stubbornness and tsundere attitude. Just count the number of times he says 'I'm not doing it for her sake but for mine' or 'Just to be clear I hate my little sister' right before throwing himself into the fire for her sake. I also like how at several times he managed to stop short of saying that he is starting to truly care for her and simply interrupts that thought and continues with whaterver is going on

By the way, maybe it is just me but I find a scene in chapter 3 of volume 6 very endearing: when they visit Saori for the first time, and while at her door, Saori (which they didn't recognize) surprises and scares them with a rifle she was carrying (they did think she was serious and got genuinely scared). She then points it at Kirino while jokingly saying she will shoot at her face, and Kyousuke immediately jumps in front of Kirino to use his body as a shield, while poor Kuroneko was left standing alone .
Of course some would say that he did so out of pure instinct (even Kyousuke himself says so), or that had he already been dating Kuroneko by that time, he might have done something else. But nonetheless, I find this scene as a nice extra in Kyousuke's feelings for Kirino.
Yeah, the siblings are more alike than they realize.
As for the second point, I always had the feeling that Kyousuke was not head over heels in love with Kuroneko. Of course he was smitten by her interest in him and a little bit high with the prospect of a first girlfriend. But I found it quite telling that he had to contemplate going out with her for quite some time and kind of needed Kirino's push to get him over the top. That isn't to say that he had no feelings for her, but they were developed more through their interaction afterwards, rather than than him falling for her before.