View Single Post
Old 2007-08-10, 16:14   Link #49
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Actually, any "hero" like you said is almost unable to solo a dumb instance elite of his own level. it looks quite... weird that the heroes aren't "elite" per se. (no i don't ask players being able to smoke elite instance, but that mention means they are far from being "hero" as powerhouse. Characters in WOW are sure "heroic" in their mission etc, but they don't earn the "legendary power" of heroes per se.

Considering Illidan background, especially the skull of guldan, and Arthas' & Ner'zhul's background, it is really dubious to accept this. Especially Arthas, since Ner'zhul was litteraly able to enslave living beings and the like.

For the sake of gameplay, they cannot be invinsible, but as for the lore, they are way under what they are supposed to be (especially Illidan, who doesn't look being able to maintain his Demonic Form, etc)
Arthas and Illidan both had to rise in power, am I right? What's to say the players of the game can't do the same? They aren't on the same scale, but by obtaining the proper gear and being skilled at the game I truly believe Blizzard wants players to be 'heroes.' With this in mind, a large group of heroes should be able to trump Illidan (albeit with GREAT difficulty, the fight is freakin hard). A 25 man capable of killing Illidan has no trouble with trash mobs, as you implied, yeah they can't solo it, but that shouldn't matter, since there are 25 of them.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote