View Single Post
Old 2008-06-07, 13:03   Link #998
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I was going to make a post and all but I'm tired and I'm rather annoyed that I wasted 2 hours of sleep time following this. I would say more but I'm too tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
If you'd be so kind as to take a quick glance a few posts up, Aaron, you'll see that I'm already taking the given opinions into account.

Goose and TK are right to an extent, handwaving the bureacracy and acting like it doesn't exist isn't going to work. All I'm trying to do is put it in another room and let the Aces deal with situations as they appear without worrying overmuch about how this or that is going to affect their political standings. Basically the worst you're probably going to see is Hayate griping about orders from her superiors, just like how in StrikerS Regius's "examination" or whatever he was trying to do wasn't shown on screen.
This is a pretty reasonable way to go about it. You don't have to show it in the fullest, but it'd be best if you show how the bureaucracy affects the aces - it can be something as simple as an annoying clerk who makes life hell for them, whom they have to charm into getting them to sign off on their paperwork for. (This happens a lot more times that you would expect on military bases. )

Quote:
It may exist but it will not be a focus of the story and I'm sorry but that's not going to change. I sincerely doubt my ability to write a believable military/political thriller like a Tom Clancy wannabe and frankly I'm not really interested in doing so in the first place.
Hell, I don;t write political intrigue myself. I just take a look and try to see the repercussions from all angles - you're never going to get rid of the politics, but you can leave it as a secondary focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
@Coma: That's it. Now, wanna watch with us and see if the other side complies?

And no, you don't have to write like Tom Clancy.XD That's unreasonable imposition already!
The other side is already complying, Aaron. He was already complying when you deployed your breaker missile spam from your VF-22S painted in the white and black Hayate Yagami colors.

And no, you do not need to write like Tom Clancy. John Ringo, on the other hand.... Just kidding. Or Am I?

@Xena: When I said girl, I was referring to the fact that Hayatechans is still a 19-year old teenaged girl, while our two admirals are All Woman And Then Some. And Human Nature remains the same in anime or real life or fanfic. And where did the reason and clarity go? I set it aside to try and be nice, ah well it must be placed on again.

@Kha: Remember that the higher ground makes you a better target. And don't be so quick to dismiss me, brother. I am you. You are I. We are the same. I am the soldier. You are the prisoner. Who is the soldier? Who is the prisoner? You are I. The prisoner Am I. The soldier are you. We are one. Who is the Soldier? Who is the Prisoner? Who is Kha? Who is Goose? nn jmhbvcbxnk,kc vrx m,xgSDGFtn dBhSHBnjmmjgxzst

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote