View Single Post
Old 2012-11-06, 01:29   Link #39
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
I go by my 7-episode rule. No matter the length, if it doesn't hold me by the seventh episode, that's when I'll walk away. Since I usually don't watch really long series, I think it's a fair number.
7 episode rule is quite a lot. In the case of a 26 or more episode series I guess it's okay, but when it's 13 or even less, I think that at that point you might as well just watch it to the end.

Many people here mentioned those anime who have a bad or mediocre start and then become awesome. But usually in those cases you just need to ask the general opinion. They'll generally tell you when you should wait a few episodes before judging an anime and when if you didn't like the first you might as well drop it because it won't get any better.

I can't count the times where someone said "watch until the third episode of Madoka", for example.

Though I guess this doesn't work if you are the kind of person that absolutely wants to watch a good shows at the same time as everyone else.

I am practically the opposite, I have a bit of a problem wasting my time with worthless anime, so the only times when I watch anime at the same time they are released is when I know already what they are about and\or I'm moderately sure I'm going to enjoy them (because I know the authors, because the plot is something that particular interests me, or simply because the chara design is so appealing that that alone is worth going though a pointless plot).

For the rest I just wait until I see there's enough people that particularly like it.
And in those case, even if I end up hating it, I won't be able to write anything more than a single post of criticism.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote