View Single Post
Old 2010-06-26, 04:27   Link #182
krko
The Movie is Coming

Let get this out of the way first: Yuri and Kanade were incredibly cute this episode

The non-linear relationship between the afterlife's time and mortal time would've been okay, had they chosen to foreshadow it even a little. It wouldn't been hard too, just have a few characters refer to real-world events that Otonashi can't remember. [sarc]Or you know, just have Yuri say it without proof. After all that's how they found out that Kanade was an agent of God, that there are no suicides in this world, that software controls the world, and that you can't go back to normal after being turned into an npc.(Various states of rigth and wrong)[/sarc] Besides that, I don't get why Kanade was reborn so long before Yuzuru. Why did she have to suffer the attacks of the SSS (they got weapons before she used Angel Player) when she only wanted to say thank you to the person who saved her life? It seems as if their world is designed to produce tragic situations for observers.

Kanade and Yuzuru's relationship really didn't come as surprise. In fact, I suspected it during episode, confirmed it by mapo-tofu episode.

The ending was meh. The animation was inconsistent, which is pretty bad for a finale. I guess the slight OOCness of the character can be explained by the feeling of triumph they're experiencing, due to them resolving all of their issues. The graduation ceremony felt really awkward. And the end, I was thinking that "so they're gonna be like bodhisatvas" but the reveal really felt like it came out of nowhere.