Thread: Licensed K (Anime project)
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-05, 19:59   Link #434
kuromitsu

I don't particularly mind the lack of "why" just yet - this was just the first episode, and it had a pretty standard in medias res start as a way of getting viewers hooked. I'm pretty sure that at this point we're meant to be asking "why" and hoping to find out the answers in the upcoming episodes. (I like this kind of storytelling, and FWIW I'm quite certain we'll get some infodumps in the next ep...) It's just that it was... so very standard. And trying way too hard. And being gimmicky for the sole purpose of being gimmicky and pandering to every possible target group.

As for the characters, I'm not expecting much from them, but as long as they're not annoying and at least somewhat entertaining I'm be okay with them. I'm kind of "whatever" about the Black & White pair yet, obviously there's more to Yashiro than meets the eye, and Kurou... I suppose he'll spend most the show being stoically emo, but as long as he's not obnoxious about it I'll be okay with him. My interests lie more with the Homura gang and the Sexy Corps, more specifically the Red & Blue pair (Suou and Munataka), I expect them to be at least somewhat interesting, based on their little fight in the OP. Plus the Sexy Corps has Munataka's sidekick and Miyano Mamoru's chara (who has a pretty unfortunate design).

I do like the music. I'm not so hot on the hip-hop parts because the speech is distracting, but otherwise I thought i was quite good and fit the mood and style very well, doing its job complementing the visuals and not trying to force itself to the foreground (oh, Zetsuen no Tempest... -__-). Generally, I think the show is very well-put together, it's just way too busy trying to be cool and popular.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-10-05 at 20:17.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote