View Single Post
Old 2013-03-19, 20:38   Link #12926
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus753 View Post
Yeah, it's just too similar to be anything but intentional. It's like two chapters of Phoenix Wright, both having you defend a guy with the same occupation, but each going in highly different routes. I'm sure of it.

This can't be a curb-stomp, as it would not end a chapter. Then again, who can understand the mind of the reclusive author, Nisio (if that is his real name).
You said it, bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinali
Now for the rest of you guys do you think zen would have rejected medaka if it wasnt for the teacher?
Of course.

Kuguhara's speech was more about if they should or not force Medaka to stay by begging her, something Zenkichi decided he'd do only if leaving was something Medaka herself honestly didn't want to do, which is why he said he was relieved at her feelings, since then he'd no longer have to force her to stay.
Zenkichi's speech was rather about the fact that she's not going to be the sole reason for him to live anymore, alot along those lines, which was his reason for him rejecting her.

If I had to speculate, I'd say that this change in him is something that started right before his fight with Iihiko, went through deeply when he was thinking about his life after that fight, and culminated in chapter 186.