View Single Post
Old 2011-07-10, 09:54   Link #190
OtakuSoldier

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
I can't begin to explain why I was crying, but the letters she wrote to everyone just set me off completely and I hardly ever cry. I just wish it didn't have to be that way. Why couldn't it have been a story where she had never died and they all just got along.
That's what made the series as painful as it was. The fact that she is dead. It's an interesting plot that I'm sure has been done before, but was guided nicely in this series. But that's at least one of the factors. Anaru giving her all to Jinta to only be rejected was pretty painful IMO. The series resolved all of the character's problems. When most people are brought to their knees with emotion, it's easy to get EVERYTHING off their chest. And they did just that and were able to laugh it away, even though it's still there.

Good work, I would have kinda liked to have seen maybe just ONE follow up episode of what they did maybe like a year later. But the credits were good enough.

Jinta's dad is still content and got to see his son grow.
Jinta can slowly get over the pain and hopefully see what else he physically had in front of him.
Anaru still got her request, which was Jinta coming back to school. And it would seem as if her high school 'friends' have changed and are more understanding. Or at least self aware of how they treated Anaru.
Yukiatsu and Tsuruko seemingly have a stronger friendship and perhaps grow closer down the line.
And Poppo... he was a great supporting character all the way to the end. Nice to see the 'uneducated' guy display a sharp sense of emotional understanding.

Last edited by OtakuSoldier; 2011-07-11 at 10:54.