View Single Post
Old 2011-10-28, 08:03   Link #12
tomtkp

I do not watch much animes because I am quite a selective person but there are three animes that captured my heart this year:
1) Steins;Gate
Definitely one of the best anime in my life although the anime is a level below the source material: the VN. The anime producers were doing a good job of adapting an excellent story from the VN and it was enough to capture the hearts of many. The ending was very heartwarming and touching as opposed to some who think the ending was not good. Anyway, it was a very enjoyable chase. I loved this series wholeheartedly.

2) Kamisama Dolls
A decent anime which I think was underrated. Maybe some felt that the pacing was too slow in the beginning and had dropped the anime. But believe me, if you have read the story as a whole (despite the manga is still ongoing), you will have a different opinion altogether. I was glad that I chose to read the manga after watching episode 1 and I enjoyed the story. The pace of the storytelling was kind of natural to me and that was what I liked the most from Kamisama Dolls. For the anime part, the anime producers did a good job as well by following closely to the manga. The OP and ED was great enough to keep me following the anime. Ah..it was an enjoyable ride as a whole.

3) Mirai Nikki
Don't get me wrong. I know that this anime is still ongoing but I had finished reading the manga a few years ago and I know how good the story was. After watching the first three episodes, I had decided to follow the anime until the end because the anime is a good adaptation to the manga. The OP and ED are fantastic as well as some of the BGMs in the anime. The music really brings out the atmosphere of the scenes. Although the anime will only finish next year but to me it was enough to qualify as one of best 3 animes for me.
(PS: I am not watching Mirai Nikki for Yuno because I am not a big Yuno fans. I am indeed a big fan of 9th.)

Ah..I forgot to mention that Steins;Gate's OP was excellent as well. Not though with the ED from the beginning but the exceptions were three different EDs from episode 22-24 which were from the VN.