View Single Post
Old 2009-05-14, 17:25   Link #5
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The episode gave us a crash course in the members of the Higashi no Eden club, and in the nature of the club itself. I liked seeing those shelves of used appliances ready to be bought cheap. I understand that in Japan, you can often pick up perfectly usable appliances from the garbage, since people throw them out when they get something new.

And there was some quiet but intense drama with Oosugi at the beginning and partway through. I was mistaken about Diana's target. I do hope he escapes, but that would be the less interesting possibility, actually. There is still lots of room for Saki to feel guilty, though. Is my recollection true that only Saki and Oosugi get those circular blushes in their cheeks?

And we set up the next movements of the plot, both as far as Oosugi and Diana are concerned and with the "NEET paradise."

"Fun action stuff" versus "padding for the plot and story" is not how I see this show -- or any show, really. "Action" is often boring for me. Characters and especially romance are more interesting. More indication of what a wide net this show is casting.

If this week lacked anything for me, it was romantic development. Although I was weirdly impressed that Saki ended up staying at her friend's place rather than Akira's. His giving her those clothes -- and us seeing her wearing them -- was as far as the romance went this week, lol.

We saw Saki dressed in something a trifle (just a trifle) more revealing, as befits her role as the club's "kanban musume" (pretty girl who stands out in front of a shop to lure in customers).

I liked the little jokes as the mobile phone identified people and objects: Saki as the club's "mascot character," and Onee of "indeterminate age, indeterminate origin" and "indeterminate educational status." I wonder if her mysteries will come into play. Both Onee and Hirasawa seem to be interesting characters. To say nothing of "not Mit-tan."
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.