View Single Post
Old 2012-12-02, 07:21   Link #36
Westlo
Lets be reality

What's with these loaded poll options? It's like the OP has an agenda behind the question and wants people to mainly vote for his choice, nah couldn't be. But knowing Kaoishin's history on this issue that's not exactly a surprise at all...

Seriously, who the hell is going to vote for...

All Important (It is the sole measure of quality that I use when gauging an anime's value)

That's just a wasted option. The next one is just as slanted to his opinion.

Very Important (I put much stock in sales charts to indicate market trends and which anime to watch)

The people who follow sales, myself, Last Sinner, Suzuku, the AnimeOnDVD gang (alot of people "into" sales knows that thread) all generally watch the shows of what we actually like (yeah like we would watch DEENs otome game adaptations or something because it sells well L O L), we would all consider sales Very Important, but the condescending bullshit he uses after doesn't apply to any of us and neither does the following.

Somewhat Important (I find sales charts interesting, but don't put a whole lot of stock in them).

The last two options are the only ones actually done right.

Sales are Very Important if you choose to give a shit about them, if you want to know what shows have a high chance to get a sequel or not. That's strictly my only motivation for following sales for anime, to know whether the stuff I enjoy will get a sequel (like duh SAO will get one) or not (Baccano ).

I really don't see much of the hiphop/console sales mentality (Men lie, women lie, numbers don't) when it comes to sales in anime fandom though, or maybe Kaoi's read too many SAO fans shitting on Accel World because the anime + light novels vastly outsell it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I don't give a fuck.
So if something you liked sold 80k or 1k you wouldn't give a shit? You wouldn't care that a sequel is more than likely on the way or has no chance of getting off the ground? You wouldn't care if your fav director just put out a commericail failure which means he wouldn't have a chance to direct again (like say Yamakan lol) or that another one of your fav directors (Hosada da gawd) just made a smash hit movie? You wouldn't care if someones directorial debut was stunning but he won't get another chance because of low sales? You wouldn't care if a long running light novel/manga you loved had a one cour adaptation which was a sales flop? Meaning the best of the series will never get animated? (or lets say most of it isn't translated and your best bet to see the end was multiple anime sequels?)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-12-02 at 14:24. Reason: removed retort image
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote