View Single Post
Old 2008-11-24, 19:03   Link #134
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
It's very hard to distinguish Devil Fruit Powers with Haki powers. I could have sworn I heard that Don Flamingo's powers were that of the Devil Fruit's, but I could be mistaken. The first Haki powers I ever encountered in the series (and could be the first time we actually see them) is when Shanks was sitting in the morning, with a cloud over his head. However of course that brightened up as he saw Luffy's wanted poster.

Were there any Haki powers before that?
In response to your question, people have speculated that Haki was revealed as early as chapter one with Shanks fending off that Sea King using only his aura...
I've already theorized that Mihawk may use Haki and there seems to be some kind of connection between Haki and Mantara.

Again, we just don't have enough pieces of the puzzle yet.

Also, it's unknown whether or not Doflamingo's powers are Devil Fruit or Haki related, Oda simply refuses to reveal that to us.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote