View Single Post
Old 2007-09-05, 15:42   Link #132
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
While we're talking about Kanata and how she died, I feel I should mention that the scene didn't have as much of an effect on me as it did for others. I can't help but feel Kanata never got any real development, so I can't feel the kind of attachment to her that would have let the scene be fully effective. Like who is this woman other than Konata's mother, and why is she saying the things she is. I don't know, it just doesn't work without more development. She sure was cute though and the scene was great effort. The best scenes like this though for me is when a character who has actually passed away during the shows run and got the character development during the series run instead of retroactively, get's a behind the scenes appearance in death later on, something like in Legend of The Galactic Heroes, with Yang's fathers ghost or Balgus in Escaflowne.

The rating I gave was a 9.5 rounded up to a 10 by the way too clear up any doubts. This would be I think the second time Lucky Star has received a 10 from me and it's rare for me to give them. I think only a Legend of The Galactic Heroes episode has ever been given a perfect 10 by me.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-09-05 at 16:02.