View Single Post
Old 2012-09-04, 12:53   Link #314
Nico87

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post

I, for one, still believe that -- if anything is different from the official story -- a more likely explanation all along was that some people weren't given all the details of the plan (whether rightly or wrongly), as I can think of no credible motivation on the production committee level to do this unless it's part of the PR master plan -- however inadvisable that PR plan was. Just making fun of someone by itself makes no sense, but tying to a revelation later that the PR lead was actually getting a job after all make sense (spurned -> hard work -> reward).
Exactly what I'm thinking, but the force of the internet is way too huge to make this go away, ever.

Some of the exaggerations are quite frankly unbelievable (Twitter spam, etc.), you'd actually think that it has personally affected some people or even made it sound like they were the victims themselves. Conclusions were also drawn way too early, and the "false" report here and there didn't really help either (e.g. fake character created that the victim was supposed to voice for). The off-air comments or whatever, try to put it into context. Something along the lines of "haha, it was great fun to watch a human break blabla", but it actually ended well for the VA. It's like pulling a prank on a friend or whatever, a real bad one. The initial response is happiness, then hearts broken, crying and all that (equals breaking down) and in the end it's all smiles.

The boycotting and the 150 one-star reviews on Amazon.jp is absurd.

If what I'm thinking about this is true, this is actually a "good-ending" prank, it's just the bandwagon thing that ruined any potential Japanese sales numbers. Not everyone likes or feels comfortable going against the public opinion of matters so they jump on the wagon and on it grows.

With that said, no one related to the show should have put themselves in a position where it could be potentially end with a shitstorm in the first place, but I don't think that they even for one second thought about any consequences as it was most likely not meant to offend anyone anyway. Also the way other VA's came to the defense of Ichiki is also suspicious, but I don't know.

Not cancelling my pre-order over this. All talk about a second season (I asked a question about it myself in the main KC thread) is just speculation as no one knows if one was planned anyway. From what I've gathered in the main thread, there isn't any need for a second season.

I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone in any way, it's not my intention at all. This post isn't particularly aimed at anyone on this forum.

Last edited by Nico87; 2012-09-04 at 13:18.