View Single Post
Old 2012-09-27, 03:04   Link #844
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
So basically, you want to salvage for ecto with rares/exotics? So get the best kit and save it for those. It's not worth salvaging blues/greens at all?
Generally, that's the idea, yes. Unless you are extremely short of materials, it's always best to sell blues and greens and only salvage whites, which have a chance to also provide Tier 6 basic materials when salvaged using Basic Salvage Kits (the white kit with 25 uses).

At higher level, you basically end up with a surplus of Tier 5 and 6 basic materials, particularly Mithril Ores and Elder Wood Logs. Mithril Ores sell for quite a bit per stack (I made ~40 silvers twice). Orichalcum Ores and Ancient Wood Logs are rarer, but can be gathered easily (the nodes reset at different locations, however), although you may want to save these since they are required to make Exotic weapons and armor for yourself (if you care a lot about stats, that is).

The only exception to these are the cloth and leather materials. Silk and Gossamer Scraps are highly valuable (and as a Light Armor wearer, I hoard those). So are Thick and Hardened Leather Sections. Most of these sell ~1-4 silvers per PIECE. I think I spent around 2-3 golds just buying Gossamer Scraps for my Exotic armor set.

If you level crafting and craft rares that you are not planning to wear, you can always salvage them for a chance at Globs of Ectoplasm (make sure to use either Mystic or Black Lion Salvage Kits for the highest chance possible).

As for Exotics, I don't salvage them, I put them in the Trading Post since they are almost always worth quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
What level items should I salvage? Just 80 or is some of the lower level ones worth salvaging too?
Globs of Ectoplasm have a chance of dropping when salvaging L75-80 rare items. At least, that's my experience with it. Other than that, I vendor/trade the rest.
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote