Thread: Crunchyroll Dog Days
View Single Post
Old 2011-06-17, 03:35   Link #2069
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
In that case, high or low class doesn't matter. It's how interesting, inspiring, funny, whatever you make it to be. Do I think Tsuzuki succeed? No. Is it because it is NOT GRIMDARK enough? NO. Spice & Wolf was as harmless as it is, but managed to entertain me. My problem with Dog Days is that the package have come as harmless yet so soulless as it can be. Utawarerumono was flawed but still managed to be interesting. And Angel Beat was all over the place but was interesting. See a pattern here?
I do see what you're saying about Dog Days, but I still think you're simplifying the issue too much. I don't think it's as black and white as you're making it out to be. Yes, more interesting things than Dog Days exist, but that doesn't make Dog Days completely uninteresting.

[I personally dropped Spice & Wolf early on since I found it boring, which I didn't do with Dog Days, so I'll leave that to personal preference.]

Spoiler for Rambling about Dog Days:

Yes, Dog Days is pretty unambitious. That being said, that doesn't mean you can't draw some entertainment from it. I may not have found it as entertaining as K-On or Taishou Yakyuu Musume [both for different reasons], but that doesn't mean I can't find it entertaining despite its flaws. It provided me with a fun adventure through a fantasy land with characters that, while unimpressive and unremarkable, had traits that I enjoyed watching.

Maybe this is the same cliche argument that people saw in Infinite Stratos, honestly. I watched that too and enjoyed it, so I definitely feel as if I can watch anime for shallow reasons.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote