Thread: Crunchyroll Dog Days
View Single Post
Old 2011-06-17, 20:01   Link #2080
fullrefund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Not all stories need clear-cut villains. Just conflict. That can come from within, too.
I agree but when the vilain doesn't even seem to be sentient, it's violence for violence. It's not interesting at all. It's like watching a movie with actors and all about early humanity survival against beasts vs a WWII movie. Not that the former is not interesting but make no mistake it's the later that sell tons of movies and games...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
Shallow seems to be a bad word for describing why people watch anime with little to no plot depth. Almost sounds like having an unoriginal, predictable story is actually a bad thing.

While the overall plot of Dog Days is relatively unambitious, it's been done many times before so the writers know how not to screw up. I can respect playing the story safe for an anime who's main appeal is fanservice and fighting.

I only take issue when the story actively displeases me. This has not been the case with Dog Days (so far). Still, I do feel bad that some hardworking writer out there would have killed himself to have his script in an anime.
I agree but i wouldn't pay for Dog days though.
fullrefund is offline   Reply With Quote