Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-22, 12:07   Link #1363
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Except that we've seen times when his memory failed him.
Isn't it because it's harder for him to forget? A karuta player needs to memorize and forget constantly. Taichi doesn't have any problems with the former, but the latter is a constant hurdle for him.

Quote:
We were talking about a "tangible advantage". Well, his arm acceleration is one. It's recorded on camera. Has he worked for it? Yes. But everyone works to get the most out of their strengths. If training hard was enough to get fast enough to overtake Shinobu, she wouldn't be the Queen.
I'm just saying there's no special secrete to his arm acceleration. It's just imagining the best position to grab the card and train and train after your arm can't move anymore. Of course, some people are just faster than others, but we saw how he wasn't all that fast when he was a kid. He couldn't beat the adults then, while Shinobu did. Clearly in his case, the intensive training of his arm did a significant difference.

Quote:
And when it comes to "hard work beating talent", I doubt he was especially talking about acceleration. That's too dependant on physique, on things you can't do anything about. What if he'd been as short as Tsutomu?
He did mean acceleration I think, but yeah, it doesn't mean anyone can do it. I'm pretty sure he does think Taichi can do it though.

Quote:
We don't know that. Part of Taichi's insecurities (and Nishida's, for that matter) is the suspicion that no matter how hard they try, they'll never catch up to Arata.
And that's a problem. If they think they can't reach that level no matter how much they try, they never will. You have to put all doubts aside and just go for it. For Taichi, this is crucial, since he's psychologically weak to begin with. He, more than anyone, needs to put every doubt aside if he wants to improve his game. And he'll do it.