Thread: Licensed ef - a tale of memories.
View Single Post
Old 2007-11-28, 01:20   Link #832
tabun
rawr!

Not too much to add here, the two of you said it already. Although I must disagree with the animation issue; the very unique art of the series makes up for the lack of animation quality en detail, if I may say so. This may be one of the few shows where valuing screenplay over animation quality itself actually works out - and how well it does! They just manage to support every situation with an appropriate visual execution, it's almost frighteningly well done.

After the very intense scene of Miyako in the last episode and the confrontation with Kei in this one, her finding relief (if only partially in tears) was calming me down a bit (beautiful scene btw).

Now, as for Chihiro - after all, I found that scream in itself to be equally intense to Miyako's scene in ep.07, but sharper in a way. Yet contrary to Miyako, Chihiro's situation cannot be resolved with likely relative ease. It also makes me wonder how many times in the period since her accident she has had such a breakdown, as Himura seems to be quite knowledgeable of her limits in this regard. how can a twelve-year old stand this pressure? I expect some sort of major changing event in the next few episodes, and if it's only an attempted suicide. This experience must have some sort of catalytic effect, no?

Alas, I am finished for now - back to waiting. I concur with this episode being a 9, with the show as a whole having worked it's place into my all-time favourites. It will not be forgotten, to be sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Incidentally to people watching episode 8 now, please don't forget to watch to the very end of the episode (i.e. after the credits). I'm noticing a lot of people haven't commented on that (or rather are making comments that lead me to believe that they missed it), which makes me think that maybe people are just stopping after the ED comes on.
Indeed, a noteworthy hint! I had mostly mistaken these scenes as some sort of preview. Watch them!