Thread: Licensed ef - a tale of memories.
View Single Post
Old 2007-11-28, 03:27   Link #840
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabun View Post
A nice interpretation of the "guilt" thing! Actually, right before she opens the door, the looks like she's feeling "caught in the act", yet after seeing that isn't the case, the pursues her seemingly relentless course even further. But having her cower behind the closed door shows again her bad conscience. To me, she seems like a cornered animal - she knows it's wrong, but also knows no other way out!...I'd love to see more shows with this kind of direction. May I ask you to point me in the direction of similar works?
Also nicely described. I thought the scenes with Kei before and after her scene at the door were emotionally complex.

As for other things Oonuma Shin has done, there aren't many. I was thinking of future work. The only things he has actually been main director of are the Negima!? spring and summer OVAs, which I found very good entertainment, but which aren't at the level of seriousness of ef.

大沼心 Oonuma Shin did key animation work on shows like Handmaid May, Hellsing, and Pita Ten. He became an episode director with Futatsu no Spica (ep09) and Wind - A Breath of Heart (ep10). On Akiyuki Shinbou's Tsukuyomi Moon Phase he did the storyboard and direction for episode one, and did a couple of the EDs. On PaniPoni Dash, he was "series director" under Shinbou, and directed three eps (1, 8, 16) and storyboarded another (7). On Negima!?, he was called "chief director," with Shinbou as "director," and directed four episodes (1, 14, 19, 26) and storyboarded 1, 19, and 26. You can see him gradually getting more and more responsibility.

There's an interesting interview with him where he says that he likes "moe" games and when this one was offered to Shaft, he jumped up and said "I'll do it!" Once they got Shinkai Makoto to do the preview movie, it helped determine that the beauty of the images would be important. As for the script, he said that gamers, including him, think of the game as an absolute and don't like seeing it messed with in an anime. He tried to make sure that the atmosphere of the anime was similar to that of the game, even though it broadens the game's world.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote