View Single Post
Old 2010-06-25, 05:46   Link #30
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Kaede was uh, a yandere psychobitch though. Anime doesn't reflect realism, but still, you can't say that Rin not choosing her was the sole cause of her breakdown.

If he did get with her, there's a high chance that everyone else would be dead and she would be tying him to a bed while drawing pictures with their blood on his naked body.

Edit: Now that I think of it, this would have been much better than the actual ending of Shuffle!
I don't know why everyone looks at Kaede like that.
Spoiler:

I don't think Kaede completely fits the yandere term. As I understand it a yandere is psycho no matter what. Kaede was fine so long as she felt that Rin cared about her, and she never directed any violence at Rin except in the past when she hated him. If a yandere loves someone, they tie them down, cripple them, and kill everyone they know to make sure he stays forever. When Kaede loves someone, she serves them, seeks to please them, and only acts violent if she feels like every bit of significance she has to them is being taken away (for instance, if they're always eating out and doing things with someone instead of letting her do it with/for them). Besides, the explosion and meltdown that has everyone saying that is a creation for the anime, not part of the original character.