View Single Post
Old 2013-08-14, 16:12   Link #32765
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Honestly I'm not sure we know. I'm not sure Ryukishi knew. I'm not sure how this particular gold conforms to the way gold is later used in the story and how it's discussed (although in the ep6 discussion between Erika and Dlanor, neither of them appears to know how it works).

I mean, what is Battler saying exactly and how does it win the argument? Is he saying he believes the body is Kinzo's? Is he saying people agree the body is Kinzo's? How do either of those things defeat Erika's theory in a way saying Natsuhi didn't do it or Kinzo is dead in red don't? Because he can't say "Kinzo is dead" (which is essentially what the gold is end-running around in this case, proving Erika's theory false by making Kinzo incapable of doing what she proposed he did). He isn't allowed to. So how exactly does "well, I can get everybody to agree that he's dead" any better as an argument? And isn't Erika entitled to know what gold truth actually is before everybody just declares it effective and Battler the winner?

I hate to say this after she sleazed her way to that point, but I think Erika got shafted there. The ep6 discussion makes clear she has no idea why she lost, which seems completely unfair to her... to say nothing of completely unfair to the audience, because we don't exactly know why she lost either.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote