View Single Post
Old 2013-08-15, 16:29   Link #32777
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Well, they are just characters; that's why they can only be human in the Golden Land where there is no such distinction (although there's it's more that everyone is like them than that they are human).
I guess that works, it's just ... especially in light of "onlt the actor can kill the character" and themes of theatricality in EP7, but ...argh, you're convincing me.

Quote:
Honestly the Golden Land is kind of disturbing to me on many levels...
Well that's not just the Golden Land, is it? That's just a problem with fluffy-cloud-heaven, in general. I've always had much more of a problem with the idea that all 18 people would be entirely peachy-keen that they were just exploded in the face. All the humans are presented as sorta just "Oh, well, yeah I guess we might be deading up the place. WHAT OF IT."

Quote:
Couldn't we also argue that Kanon being there is just a giant boneheaded contrivance or mistake? Yes, the manga still also shows it, but that doesn't make it not a mistake, just a non-corrected mistake.
Possible, but it seems an awfully big mistake considering there are obvious, better alternatives.

Quote:
The other possibility is that Ryukishi earnestly believes that if there's no reliable/detective perspective, literally anything can be shown and it's not unfair to Erika, hence why she can have Kanon in the room in front of her piece's eyes and not complain about this later, or why she can separate everyone into two rooms in ep6 and somehow not notice Kanon isn't where she intended him to be.
I'm almost certain this isn't the case. Erika is apparently able to Red Truth verify people her piece witnessed by sight without the Detective's Authority, though it's that same lack that apparently allows the idea of someone being able to hide from her. But she has those Mary Sue abilities in EP5, so it implies that her sight can't be so easily tricked, and you're talking about putting a whole person out of sight for over an entire day of moving around and interviewing and miscellaneous CSI style analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
In this case though, you should ask: Why can Dlanor refuse Battler's red about Kinzo being dead?.
Rule of Drama. It's just as arbitrary as Dlanor being able to seal arguments about the Guesthouse window in EP6.
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote