View Single Post
Old 2011-03-24, 17:47   Link #1277
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Actually, let me rephrase that. I suppose I have a different idea of dirty fighting. A surprising amount of kung fu consists of creative ways to hit your opponents in the nads, and even before I started studying that I was a student of the Angus MacGyver school of tactical improvisation. So what I see as dirty is largely things that are just plain unnecessary and uncalled for, I.E. stomping a downed opponent.

IMO, Curren's takedown of Hayate was on an absolute different side of the line from Deville attempting to decapitate Isis. Hey, I like Hayate as much as the next guy, but when somebody's hanging a giant weaponized iceberg over your home, that definitely counts as throwing the first punch. Moreover, Curren's attack wasn't even intended to kill Hayate. Curren's getting a surprising lot of flack when she's easily the most restrained of the lot.

Frankly, I think too much of this discussion is more about fan-rage than anything else. . . And I said I wouldn't get dragged in. So much for that.

Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote