View Single Post
Old 2011-07-18, 22:38   Link #23282
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
I don't think the Black Witch is necessarily limited to negative feelings toward others, but to any kind of wrong-doing you just don't want to admit someone else did, and thus you attribute that to the Black Witch.
That's probably the witch/magic concept in general. The Black Witch has only textually been connected to emotional abuse in each and every one of it's references. You can believe what you like, but it's not supported in the novel.

Quote:
I'd have agreed to idea of Yasu being a scapegoat by EP6, but after having heard Clair's confession in EP7, I don't think Yasu is particularly innocent. That's why I said that, even if she didn't end up killing anyone in R.Prime, she did plan to do it had no one attempted to solve the epitaph. There's the whole deal about killing for love that was made painfully clear in EP4, EP6 and in that latest R07 interview as well.
I never said anything about her being innocent. What I am saying, though, is that she's not as guilty as she boasts to be.

Quote:
As for Yasu taking the sins of the others... well, that didn't really work, considering it seems the theorists are pretty much putting the blame on everyone. We also saw in EP8 what seemed to be Ange's friends taking about the murderers with a high implication they were talking about Rudolph and Kyrie. Not to mention the stories themselves show many facets of the Ushiromiyas, from them being shitty parents and gold-diggers to them showing some virtues as well.
A running theme I notice is that nothing Yasu tries really seems to work. She misplaces effort and throws her hands up waiting for fate to just do it for her, and that always bites her in the ass in each and every single endeavor of hers.

Quote:
See, now I just feel stupid because I still can't see it... how can Battler's presence in any way assist them in squeezing Krauss? The cousins are never included in making family decisions (even George, who's in his 20's and rather intelligent just gets told to "go play", pretty much), and the kids never really come up in conversation during the conference, proper, IIRC.
It's an insurance. Battler doesn't need to be necessary for all scenarios, only for some that can very likely come up. Let's say it turns out Kinzo is alive, like in Episode 4, and decides to divide up his money based on the potential of his grandchildren. If Rudolf and Kyrie don't have any kids to show, it's very possible that Kinzo could decide they don't get ANYTHING. Sure, he's PROBABLY dead, but Kyrie's not stupid enough to put all her eggs in one basket.

Quote:
If you want to cover the base of "Just maybe, Father is still alive", then what's the point of excluding Ange? If you go with "Wouldn't put it past him" Kinzo, he hates all the grandkids, too. If you go by EP8, and you think he was a pretty cool gramps, then they'd have the advantage of having two kids to use in whatever crazy shenanigans might arise.
Because she's sick and had to stay home, exactly as we've been told. Battler was a last resort pulled by Rudolf, and so his coming to the island was a miracle. Desu. :3