View Single Post
Old 2011-07-19, 16:13   Link #23289
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
But the Black Witch wasn't goading her to kill Ange, it was goading her to stamp on what Ange felt was precious, and destroy her emotionally. It doesn't mind that she's gonna kill Ange, sure, but it's message is "Push all your pain onto her and you'll feel better about yourself."
But isn't that the same in Rokkenjima? Pretty much everyone has emotional reasons for what they're doing. I mean, none of them were ever portrayed as people who would kill simply for money - unless it was an accident as we saw in EP7. And Kyrie and Rudolph doing what they did could be very well explained by saying Kyrie just went "fuck it" after Rudolph told her the truth about Battler's parentage.

Quote:
Right, and look how that turned out.
My point is, she wrote the stories before anything happened. There were two likely outcomes:

a. The epitaph got solved, the gold was given to whoever solved it, and Yasu's future was in this person's/people's hands. In this case, the letters in the bottles would probably have been thought of just a joke, since no one would have died.

b. No one tried solving the epitaph, Yasu killed the majority of them and then blew the island up. In this case the letters in the bottles played the "And then there were none" role. So, in this case Yasu wouldn't have been playing the role of a martyr, but she'd actually have been the actual murderer.

Mind you, I'm not going to mention the fact there was a boat ready for Yasu and Battler to escape... That's another story.

Quote:
She always was, it just got worse. See: Losing a broom and dustpan and spending hours looking for it without success, then not telling anyone what happened.
Yeah, but notice that by looking for them, she was still acting normally and not entrusting herself entirely to some fate roulette.

Sure, Yasu was an unlucky child, but she did try to cope with her life. It wasn't until she got told the truth behind her birth and then about her injury that she simply decided to entrust herself to fate.

Quote:
You know, last night it hit me: Does Battler not being there really MEAN anything? What Will explores isn't even really Lion's world, it's a mashup of both arranged the way Bernkastel wants it. If Battler's not there, all it necessarily has to mean is that Bern doesn't want Will to speak to Battler, and I can think of dozens of reasons why that would be the case.

In short, we don't need to justify Battler's absence because it's a writing contrivance.
I think there's no problem with Will meeting with Battler, if the issue to solve was "who killed Beatrice?". The only clue anyone could hope he could get from Battler would be the promise, and as we saw in EP3, Battler doesn't even remember that. In fact, even if he could get that, all the better, because answering the posed question is what Bern expected Will to do.

Also, this would be Piece Battler and not BATTLER.