View Single Post
Old 2011-07-19, 19:51   Link #23293
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Besides, if it was an all-girl orphanage, why didn't the Witch Hunters latch onto that and make the irregularity with Kanon an issue? That would show up even if you assume Fukuin was bribed to create records for him.
That's an obvious question, and the simple answer is we don't know and I suspect that's because Ryukishi didn't think too hard about that one.

Basically there's only two possible scenarios here:
  • Fukuin was an orphanage strictly for girls. Witch Hunters should ask why Kanon exists in the stories.
  • Fukuin was a mixed-gender orphanage. Yet we are never shown nor even referenced any male Fukuin charge other than Kanon, who is questionable in the first place.
So pick your poison: Either someone in the future should've asked this question already and inexplicably didn't, or literally every piece of evidence we have says nothing about the situation as it actually existed for no clear reason.

And no, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. If Fukuin had no male servants, Krauss should have been suspicious of Kanon. But there's no evidence Kanon existed the way the stories say he did anyway, so there's no way to know if Krauss ever had any opportunity to question it (and in a story, he won't even if he should). Likewise, if a male servant was presented in R-Prime, we have nothing that shows us Krauss didn't question it then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
Ok, I know it's been well established that the actual text a person would read in R-Prime likely doesnt match, word for word, what WE'VE read for the individual arcs, but :

1.) What does Tohya inserting scenes into Yasu's narrative serve? It's the fact that Battler's wierd heritage was HINTED in EP1 that allowed it to be used as a bullshit theory in EP5.
There's no necessity that he had to do this. It's possible ep1 and ep2 are just Yasu's work. Granted, as you said, the strange heritage issue comes up, but really we're left with the only conclusion: Rudolf told someone and he either told Yasu directly or told someone and Yasu overheard. Only Rudolf seems to know this information, so in R-Prime it would have to pass from him to someone somehow.

It's possible he told someone that very night and Yasu learned of it then, if you go by the post-event authorship notion.
Quote:
2.) I won't say "those message bottles were not written from Maria's perspective", but if Yasu really wanted the message bottles to be "solved", that's very difficult from Maria's limited perspective. Also, she dies twice. In EP3, relatively early, too, and EP3 is accepted as a legitimate-sounding forgery to those who read it. In End and Dawn (wonky as they were), she was dead from the get-go.
Odds are pretty strong Battler is always the narrator. There's plenty of reasons why Yasu would make Battler her narrator.
Quote:
3.) Again, while I can't deny it, I just don't see his parents bringing Battler back as some kind of inheritance gambit. What makes them think they can even get the inheritance? They think Kinzo is dead, and "Maybe this year, if he's actually alive, he'll have some elaborate test among the children" seems like a jump. Yasu did not go out of her way to get Battler to return. Kyrie and Rudolf think Kinzo is dead. Ange has been consistently portrayed as just a sickly ass child. I'm not seeing where the conspiracy goes. o_o
The fact that Rudolf did try to get Battler to come back should not be taken as proof that this was the sole or direct cause of him coming back. However, any other reason can only be speculated on.

I'm personally pretty fond of the "Battler did remember" thing but again, prove it.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote