View Single Post
Old 2009-11-18, 18:56   Link #1106
GaimeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Which actually brings me to a question which is bugging me for a while: Where did father even get his knowledge (of alchemy) from?
We were shown that he was nothing but a creation of Hohenheim's owner, but he had knowledge nobody in Xerxes seemed to have.

Wasn't it said in one chapter, that Amestris' alchemy uses energy from the earth (like geothermal energy)? Maybe Xing's alchemy is simply based on multiple energy sources.
I just wonder when exactly Ed and Al will find the time to learn this type of alchemy.
I'm pretty sure that the following things hold:
1. The alchemy used in Xing is the same (or at least, a similar) version of the alchemy used in Xerxes. It uses the energy of the planet, or of leftover soul-energy from those who have passed on. Something like that.
2. The alchemy used in Armestris primarily differs from that used in xing/xerxes in that it uses Father as an energy source. It does seem to be easily adaptable to "real" alchemy, because the array on Scar's right arm is based off of Armestris's alchemy, which his brother noted was odd. Most likely, what Scar's brother found to be odd about the alchemy was that it seemed to use energy from a single isolated source, something other than the planet that didn't seem like it should be able to provide all that energy, or would be as flexible in range as eastern alchemy, and so he modified the armestris-based array which ended up as Scar's right arm it to use energy from the planet, like the eastern forms of alchemy, instead.
3. Father/Homunculis came from the gate. He was not "created," but rather "retrieved," and has some kind of connection to The Truth (don't their grins/eye things look kind of similar?). Hence why he has so much knowledge (or,at least, he had some knowledge about some specific things like how to open the gate, and has accumulated tons of knowledge over the centuries, like Hohenheim... he just knew some alchemy and how to open the gate because he came from it.)

At least, that's what I think.

I also wouldn't be surprised if there's more to Roy's alchemy than he's revealed.
GaimeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote