View Single Post
Old 2004-11-24, 23:09   Link #32
Thelastguardian

You people are sounding as if you have the money in your pocket now and you are trying to plan how to spend them .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
The other huge mistake he made is accepting the check in person.
Unforturnately this practice is consider unacceptable at British Columbia Lottary Corporation.

http://www.bclc.com/app/Footer/FAQ.asp?CATEGORY_ID=6

Quote:
Q.Why can't I claim my lottery prize anonymously?A.When a player purchases a lottery ticket, it becomes a contract between that player and BCLC. Part of the contract is BCLC's right to publicize winners' names and pictures.

Names and photographs of major winners are publicized to protect the integrity of our games. We show that prizes have been won and that winners come from every walk of life.

Prize wins are good news, and our publicity efforts help to ensure the news is shared. So, remember your winning smile when claiming a prize!

Yeah they wouldn't want you to go in hiding, or else the public would start to think that the company's employee pocketed the money.

With a professional financial planner in the crowd, I don't think I would join in. Just remember, winning a big-ass jackpot doesn't guarantee you a life of luxury. If you find the info of previous jack-pot winners and their current state, you will see that "heck I am happy with my current job" .