View Single Post
Old 2012-09-06, 06:21   Link #431
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Oh, dreary day. After a much-needed two month respite, I was hoping that the "Mysterious Movie" and all the shenanigans that went with it would be long forgotten, but, no, the dreariness continues.

Either Tsubaki hasn't learned his lesson yet or, despite what he claims, he just loves to play the field. A girl invites him to go eat lunch with her (and not just any girl, but the girl who he has been having wet dreams about) and does he refuse? Of course not. Is his first thought, "If I eat lunch with a girl, it should be with my girlfriend." Of course not. Or, "How is my girlfriend going to feel if she finds out that I'm eating lunch with another girl and not her? Especially that girl?" Of course not. Off he goes like a mindless idiot. Or, more aptly, like a lamb to the slaughter.

And, as usual, Tsubaki lets himself get manipulated by a girl. And not just any girl...

As expected, this chapter did nothing to explain the black holes of logic of the last arc, or answer any of those questions that were left unanswered, such as, to quote Starshipw, "the motivations of all the girls who arranged to put Tsubaki and Urabe through this." Except, perhaps, that Suwano might not have been involved if she really did not know that Urabe and Tsubaki were a couple and drool was their thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
On one hand, it might just be harmless curiousity.
Someone whose intent is harmless presumably would not threaten to use revealed information unless the victim agrees to conditions.

Quote:
On the OTHER hand it might be that she's now got a vested interest in Tsubaki now.
Just what do they all see in him?

Quote:
Either way, things are moving forward a tiny bit.
Forward? Backward? Sideways? More like more of the same old idiot Tsubaki to me.

Quote:
Will this break the endless recursion of time?
I doubt it. Maybe the mangaka wants Mysterious Girlfriend X to be the 21st centuries' Archie Comics (Archie's been around for over 60 years, yet he, and the rest of the crew, haven't aged a day).

Quote:
Also, LOL Momoka Imai. What the heck?
At least she's never dull and boring.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote