View Single Post
Old 2009-10-22, 11:44   Link #823
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Kyon has shown evidence of being physically attracted to just about every female in the series so far, which is exactly how it should be. For one, they're all attractive, since in fiction every woman is attractive unless being physically unattractive is part of their character, and second, Kyon's as horny a teenage male as the next guy (unless the next guy is Taniguchi).
Well, he seems to make a distinction between finding someone attractive and being attracted to them. He says something along these lines about Mori-san, that he finds her attractive but isn't attracted to her. Whether or not he means it is irrelevant, he acknowledges the distinction exists, which means presumably, there may be cases where this applies.

Though I disagree with your comment about every fictional female being attractive barring unattractiveness as a feature. It may be very common, sure, but writers have been offering up women of every appearance, from AA+ to F (lol Taniguchi) for centuries, even in Fantasy and Science Fiction.

That being said, I do sympathize with the man. It has to take some serious resolve to keep on the straight and narrow when, for instance, a beauty like Tsuruya offers to bathe with him. I also can't sympathize with him because that's a problem a lot of people would like to have with any of the Melancholy girls.

Last edited by Ricky Controversy; 2009-10-22 at 13:39.