View Single Post
Old 2011-07-05, 21:31   Link #8299
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't remember any indication he had anything to do with Hayate before he met Nagi. (Except indirectly, by way of Athena.)
Actually, there was a flashback set around the End of the World arc which showed Mikado (dressed as Santa Claus, of course) giving Hayate an omamori pouch, which if I remember correctly was how Hayate got the sacred stone which let him go into the Royal Garden in the first place. I've got no idea just how much of an influence this implies Mikado's had on the story, but on some level it really does seem like he's behind everything.

Quote:
Hina didn't repay the debt, Yukiji did. (The only one among the kids to do so, for all her present problems with money...) So clearly, if she puts in the effort and is ready to risk her life, she's quite capable.
I'm not clear on this, but although Yukiji did work a lot to clear the debt her parents had left to them, wasn't at least part of Hina and Yukiji's debt covered by their new parents when they adopted them? I think I remember reading something to that effect. Still, true enough, we do have ample evidence that when it comes to the most important things (i.e. Hina), Yukiji can be quite responsible.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote