Thread: Licensed Rosario to Vampire
View Single Post
Old 2008-01-08, 04:05   Link #338
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta View Post
Agent Aika is a terrible comparison. It's an OVA and everyone watch it knowing there will be boobs and panties with close to zero story. You can say that Aika is an exhibition of service. Rosario is a different story, chapter 1 of the manga almost had no fanservice and they managed to do all that in the premiere. It's like they cut off 5 inches of Moka's skirt on purpose.
It's fanservice for god's sake. If you can't take it, don't watch it. There's no such thing as fanservice being "tasteful" or whatever. You either tolerate girls showing off their panties in animes or not. Whether you feel it's done excessively, tastefully, etc is just your own opinion. The fact is that there are flashing of panties. Complain all you want, I only used Aika in response to the "excessive" complaints and not that I disagree with your opinions.

Also, as one who read all 10 volumes of the manga, my complaint is actually the LACK of fanservice in the manga. The author can't seem to make up his mind whether to put in fanservice or not the manga. There are a few panty shots in the manga but there are also a lot more scenes where there should have been panty shots (Moka and her high kicks) but the author for some reason decide to shade the exposed region Black. I mean Moka has been high kicking in your face for a gazillion times and I see black but when she does nothing I see panties? What the hell?

At least the anime producers decide to make up their mind and go all out with fanservice. Whether you like it or not is your own opinion. And it's free anime you're watching, so at least complain on something more substantial like plot.
musashiken is offline   Reply With Quote