View Single Post
Old 2010-09-11, 03:23   Link #141
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I like Taiga because her character was balanced. Most Tsunderes have a "mold" to follow and Taiga surely starts following it, but not only i feel her "tsundere" aspects are being well excuted, she also is able to walks a step above said mold(Shana more or less started it and Louise is so stuck in it that she's almost a parody of Shana by the 3rd season of ZnT) Taiga started on the same point but quickly gives hints of advance and by the Chirstmas episode she almost overgrow her inital Shana-ish tendencies to become a more complex character.

Maybe the difference radicates in the fact that we actually know the reasons for Taiga to be so harsh and insecure(screwed family life), and even if that's not an excuse, she hasn't showed her harsh tratement to everybody or hide her feminine traits(she have fun with Minorin, dress cute outfits, eat desserts and had a crush on a goody guy with glasses ...and only the last one is a secret) and even shows dislike for her nickname(altough seems to enjoy being a tough girl at times xD), it's only that she doesen't show the need to open to other people that much(and is short tempered to anyone who mess with her), unless christmas come and transforms into "Angel Taiga" xD. At the end she feel the weight of her own flaws and actually made an effort to change things for the better(with enormous help from Ryuuji and her firends), and by the end, even if she conserve some Tsundere traits she's a much more open person now.

I think the thing i like the most of her is the evolution that she undergoes during the story, it's well played and it feels credible. On a side note, more than protecting her, her character and story provokes me to cheering for her.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~