View Single Post
Old 2009-12-07, 14:14   Link #251
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Again the announcement was pretty closely linked to Zero(his birthday and it being signed by him) so I have a feeling some other projects might be in the tube involving him.
That's highly unlikely in my opinion. What made Zero awesome? Was it the costume or was it the man behind the mask? The man behind the mask is dead and Suzaku is now wearing the costume. I don't know about the rest of you but I think that to expand Lelouch of the Rebellion without Lelouch would be one of the most moronic decisions ever. Besides, the protagonist of Lelouch of the Rebellion went all in with his final plan in which he killed a lot of people and sacrificed himself in order to obtain peace. To produce a sequel in which there without a doubt would be some major conflict that would include KMF warfare, slaughter and oppression would be like pissing all over the character that the entire series revolved around. I don't think that will happen.

To explore the history of the Code Geass world is something entirely different though. There's much that can be told there. C.C. is one of my least favorite characters in the franchise but she's been through a lot and since she's pretty much like a plot device (an entity that grants the protagonist a supernatural power) her background can really be explored, using different protagonists. I really wished they let the franchise rest in peace though. I can't imagine any viable Code Geass project that would have any chance of topping Lelouch of the Rebellion to be honest. I'm not saying it's impossible though, only that I really don't think they'll ever pull that off.

We also have the violent history of the Holy Britannian Empire to take into consideration. I guess we might see something related to that in the new project since it's set in the Edo period and the Edo period starts with the same year as "Britannian history" diverges from our timeline, with Elisabeth I's death 1603.