View Single Post
Old 2011-06-03, 01:03   Link #113
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
To defend Kyousuke a bit on the Kuroneko implied romantic confession:

1. Those were some awfully nasty insults she was throwing at him, guys. Are these really the sort of lines you want to say in the lead-up to an implied romantic confession? :

"You are really... the worst kind of pathetic senpai."

"A thickheaded, perverted, lazy idiot with terrible judgement."

Kyousuke has done absolutely nothing to deserve these sorts of harsh, over-the-top insults. He has consistently gone out of his way to help Kuroneko, and she decides to insult him like this?

2. Kuroneko made a huge deal over Kyousuke not acting more quickly in trying to help out Kirino. Kuroneko was basically saying that Kyousuke should have just stood her up in order to help out his sister. How exactly do you take that sort of comment from a girl that you're on friendly terms with, and who may or may not have romantic feelings for you?

Now, yes, this is Kuroneko being kuudere or tsundere towards Kyousuke. It's consistent with anime tropes.

However, if we're going to judge this scene through the prism of strict realism, those sorts of comments on Kuroneko's part would legitimately confuse, if not even piss off, the person on the receiving end of them. Kyousuke only seems particularly dense, imo, when you expect him to be genre savvy to the fictional world that he's in. But most people wouldn't pass off Kuroneko's comments as simply her being kuudere in real life, so I don't see why we should expect that of Kyousuke here.
to be honest, even if i do like ruri, i'd be pissed as hell after hearing that

anyway, about this anime:

THE BEST PART WAS THE OPENING DAMMIT

and:

THE WORST PART WAS THAT HORRIFYING JUMP