View Single Post
Old 2013-01-10, 22:50   Link #2428
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
1.) Kira and the others foolishly believed that THAT war would possibly be the end of ALL wars.
Kira in the end accepted that wars were inevitable to mankind which is why he becomes a regular soldier at ZAFT. Just like every soldier he will fight to avoid conflicts rather than retiring as he did post SEED. However, he only fought in Destiny for Orb's sake in contrast to what everybody says he was against everybody. In the last episodes he just faced Durandal for all that thing about the Destiny Plans and those consecutive murder attempts ZAFT made.

Quote:
I think what motivated Shinn was him seeing Freedom during his escape from Orb, and feeling that it was responsible for the deaths of his family, despite the still-canon explanation of "crossfire between Freedom and Calamity, and leaving it unclear on who fired first".
The Destiny movies actually added a flashback that Shinn has. He pretty much becomes shock but my guess is that he saw himself as the guy putting civilians in danger.

I think all versions of Super Robot Wars emulated the same ending of SEED Destiny with minor optional changes typical in RPGs. SRW Z did a 180 turn degree to the story where everybody behaves differently. It made the biggest nonsensical scene from Destiny even more nonsensical. Another Century's Episode R made its own post Destiny story where Shinn is now working alongside Kira and Athrun. Lol at Shinn using "san" with Kira.

Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote