View Single Post
Old 2010-04-09, 01:14   Link #6
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Everything aside from the main games I'd have to agree with you on. The main series is still a very innovative concept and probably no game company could make a similar idea whithout it being claimed of ripping-off Pokemon.
That is what I'm struggling with. The amount of features that rolled out one after another up to about Ruby and Sapphire are imaginative enough that you can't call its creator Satoshi Tajiri a one-hit wonder, although he has Asperger's syndrome, which does restrict his creative interest somewhat.

I feel that his team probably has thought of all the ideas that people want already, but internal politics with Nintendo higher-ups and Tajiri himself (who supervises development from start to finish) stopped a lot of them. It's hard to criticize the creator, but I won't be surprised if he is the one locked in the Pokemon vision and is the biggest obstacle against the games evolving into something different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
The spin-offs and other multimedia like the anime adaptation are all just some money-generating shitstorm though. Pokemon Dash, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Pokemon Ranger? Good god. x_x
I played a tiny bit of Mystery Dungeon, and I think it's a great step forward. The fact that it and Pokemon Ranger are NOT produced by the flagship Game Freak studio is why I think what I wrote above is true. We simply can't expect different gameplay from the Game Freak studio, it has to come from somewhere else.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote