View Single Post
Old 2012-03-10, 08:05   Link #86
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I have the distinctive feeling that we're teetering on the edge of another Great Videogame Market Crash. Except unlike last time, there's a solid and powerful PC game market to pick up the slack when the consoles inevitably fall. Considering the direction technology has taken, if the console market crashes again, they will likely never recover and dedicated game consoles will go the way of the dinosaur.

Already mobile phone games are slaughtering traditional portable consoles. With widespread adoption of HTML5 and streaming services like OnLive, I can definitely see a world that no longer needs a dedicated game console.
That is what I am worried about too, so I am holding back on buying a PS3 despite owning both the Chou Jigen games.

The problem with consoles is that they aren't upgradable, so unless someone develops a game console with a flexible hardware architecture, the console market will rewind into a crash. Of course, they are so scared about "hacking" to do something like that......don't they ever ask the nerds why they would buy games like Nendroid Generation despite its iso being widely available on the net for the PSP?

Heck I still haven't opened my Key 10th Anniversary boxset from 4 years ago. There is too much emotional value to use anything inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Just let me know whenever you're in town.
Ask him to bring along his wife and provide her with a knife. Oh yes, and remember to film it down while presenting this game in full view of her.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote