View Single Post
Old 2012-10-20, 17:06   Link #8
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Honestly from what I've seen any anime with originality for some reason get buried by the other popular generic show. The worst thing was that said anime were almost perfect but probably screw up at the end. Now, they are rather remembered as one of the great anime but it's gettting the credits nowhere about they are supposed to get. While I do know and understand the flaws and complaints well, they were so little flaws to barely hurt the content of the anime. I guess this is where I felt the disappointment from otaku fandom.

I feel Tari Tari is the best example that really shows what good execution is all about. I do think it deserves the popularity it's getting for once. When I watched the first episode, I reminded me of animated Glee, now I'm convinced, this could be one of the good anime about music but pretty looking like K-on and actually at some point talk about music after all the characters overcome their problems.

Another cliche anime executed well would be Youjo Han Shinwa Taikei mostly known as Tatami Galaxy. The basic premise is about a guy entering the uni with a hope of getting a dream girl. I'm sure it's not original and I need someone to correct me because I remember watching Honey & Clover, the setting is a bit similar. What could've turned out as the run-of-the-mill, generic slice of life anime looked and felt original. The art was drastically unique but the top-tier execution really pushed the anime to one of the best.