View Single Post
Old 2013-04-19, 12:19   Link #1010
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Sorry.... Bad english.....

For 100 years, what they only have are "Gillette" and "small cannon"....
Not hard to believe, humans here have been forced to live in closed society with limited resources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Great analysis, but to be frank, I find the "woe is me, our doom is nigh" tone of the story a bit too ham-fisted, and more than a bit too melodramatic. I get that I'm supposed to feel this sense of crushing despair, but the story lays it on way too thick for me to take seriously. As for the Scouting Legion squad leader in Ep1, his behaviour would have warranted severe dsiciplinary action by a superior officer in any real-life army, regardless of the circumstances in which it occurred, so, again, it was too much for me to take seriously, even though I understood the intended dramatic effect.
mother.
That probably has more to do with Tetsuro Araki. He's been known to over dramatize from time to time in his shows despite being a decent director. That said I wouldn't be surprised if that squad leader was reprimanded, especially when the government rather not have people thinking about the outside world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I usually like it when they draw lips on a female character, but I don't think it fits Mikasa. She's supposed to be a cold beauty. This makes her look too conventional. Her eyes were wrong at the end of episode 2 as well. Too "alive". I hope they will correct that at least.

This is how she should look like:
Mikasa.jpg
I really don't see the big deal with lips, but than again I'm not a manga reader. She still comes off detached to me.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote