Thread: Licensed Cross game
View Single Post
Old 2009-06-02, 19:18   Link #424
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemadcow View Post
Cross game isn't really a sports anime. It's more of a romance disguising itself as a sports anime. I'm having much more fun with the development of the relationships. I'll be a little disappointed if they use extended games to stretch the series out to 51 episodes.
When you look at it, this one game takes up the equivelent of about 12 chapters of manga (1.2 volumes). Just running through the manga quickly, most of the other games are considerably shorter in terms of chapter length, so I don't think you'll see that problem.

@Menshi: Cross Game's anime promo ad pretty much didn't mention baseball in it at all other than showing some footage from the first episode. They advertised it as a "Love Story". I haven't seen major yet, but I suspect that as an actual sports anime, it's "Love Story" aspect is probably about as strong as Cross Game's sports factor is.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying this animated, they way they manage to slide in all the flashbacks doesn't wreak the flow of the series at all.