View Single Post
Old 2012-11-03, 05:13   Link #655
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Just caught up on this, pretty good, seems more of a drama than a light hearted comedy. Rather than having an escapist feel to it, it's actually got some male characters that are semi realistic and relatable to in their bad qualities. All of the characters seem so flawed off the bat, with problems arising for everyone in the first four eps, serious seinen ecchi romantic dramas are a rare breed lately, this show is interesting. The show is so serious that it almost feels like Josei if I may say so... whatever that means.

Although I prefer Aoyama, Mashiro was too cute that I couldn't resist watching more . I kind of feel sad for Aoyama, definitely looks like we're going to be dealing with a love triangle for a good deal of this series, but I feel like Aoyama doesn't stand a chance in regards to getting MCs attention. It's like he doesn't look at Aoyama with the slightest bit of romantic intent, now that's just pathetic of the MC... Love triangles where one person is hopeless seem to be overdone lately and always so pitiful. And I must agree, what's up with MC being a saint around naked Mashiro all the time, does the light novel do these scenes differently? Almost every ecchi anime have these kinds of scenes, I'd like to see a reaction somewhere between full blown pervert and celibate priest at least once, lol. Man, also programming is a lot harder than just picking up a bunch of books :P.

Mashiro kind of reminds me of Chii from Chobits. The whole clueless about daily living act. Japan really loves airhead blondes don't they? Well every character seems to have at least one big flaw, MCs unassertiveness, Mashiro's lack of common sense, Jins immorality, Misaki's inability to assess a situation, Aoyamas unassertiveness as well, although I think Aoyama's feelings seem to be more of an infatuation, so maybe that's why she tries so hard to keep her feelings a secret from MC, it'll be interesting to see what her reasons for liking MC are. If you're a little bit vindictive like me, you can find the whole cast unlikable. But I'm rooting for them to show more of their good sides, I'd love a truly inspiring drama, seems like the MC has a lot of room for growth as well as the rest of the cast.
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote