View Single Post
Old 2007-07-11, 21:57   Link #105
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Or maybe you guys just want to see Raki hook up with Clare.

As for why people dislike Raki, no, that is not it. He keeps saying he wants to support/protect Clare and so on, but what he did is just the opposite. In Ophelia arc, he endangers himself and Clare by following Clare when he knows that she is always on dangerous mission and he deliberately disobeys her. Results? Almost get Clare and himself killed. Clare was distracted because of Raki when fighting with Ophelia and being hunt down after that because she has to be awakened to save Raki! For your information, it is true that there was nothing he could have done for Clare. If being a mindless, over-enthusiastic idiot is his way to protect his love ones, may God help those he loves.

If he wants to become a male claymore or get some steroid, even that would be a better solution.
I can't deny. They make a cute couple!

But, as far i can tell after watching episode 12, Clare was already in danger even before Raki show up. After all, Ophelia already got her and was "tasting her". God knows what a crazy b*t** like that would do with Clare if Raki haven't show up. I sincerely doubt Ophelia would stop.

Of course, Raki disobeys Clare and that was his mistake. But would Clare be any better all alone, against an one-digit Awaked One and a crazy sadist Claymore who takes no prisioners and no witnesses? We already saw the answer in episode 13.

I think instead an over-enthusiastic idiot, Raki is more like a silly boy in love who can't think straight because the only thing he can see before his eyes is the woman he loves, nothing else. I think he's trying to prove his worthy to her no matter the circunstances. In other words, he's a boy trying to prove to the woman he likes he's a man, too.

Anyway, he definitely needs to grow a little, and train harder too.