View Single Post
Old 2008-02-03, 19:43   Link #61
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Erementar is a Japanese word. Elemental is just the stupid translation. Who came first, the Japanese title or the translation.
It is STANDARD! it is used EVERYWHERE! who the f*** told you it's THE F***ING LATIN alphabet?!
The letter L does not exist! That specific sound is unpronounceable...

If I told you to write German words so English speakers could read them, what would you do?
You would start converting German-specific-letters to their closest equivalent, same for Latin, French etc etc

It's wrong~ you say? Well it's a Japanese title isn't it.
Why are you not writing it in Kanji and using this meant to be comfortable to you language.
Now who's disrespecting the title? now who is writing titles people can't even memorize or recognize?
It's kinda hard to write Kanji for a word when there is no kanji that ends in r. So is erementar really a Japanese word or are you just making stuff up? Because if it is, I would be interested in what the Japanese definition of erementar is and in what context it is used.

Btw, if I was writing that manga, I would've written the title in kanji (assuming I could) because I'm writing for a Japanese audience, or at the very least, made sure that my spelling was correct. Writing it incorrectly serves no purpose because a Japanese person would still be unable to derive meaning from it, and it looks bad to people who can read english.